GVH Aerospace provides a full-spectrum capability for special mission conversions of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters, both as a permanent-fit or role-fit installation. The successful design of a special mission modification requires the combination of operational understanding and engineering expertise. Our design team includes operational aircrew who provide valuable operational and human-factors input into the design process to ensure fitness-for-purpose. We also offer experienced design engineers with an intimate understanding of the link between design and the operational environment. From simple aeromedical role-fit installation through to dedicated surveillance conversions, we provide a turnkey service from initial design to systems integration and certification flight test – to deliver capability to our customers.
We are able to assess and qualify commercial off-the-shelf or militarised equipment for civil aircraft use, allowing the special mission aircraft to remain on the civil register and maintain its civil certification baseline.
Our capabilities and experience include:
- FLIR and Camera Pods and Turrets
- Remote Sensing and Detection Systems
- Special Communication Systems
- Mission Operator Consoles
- Tracking Searchlights
- Mission Related Navigation and Tracking Systems
- Mission Equipment Integration
- Aircrew Visual Reference Systems
- External Cargo Hook Installations
- Search and Rescue Conversions
- Air Ambulance Conversions